Valuation & Fairness Opinions
Offering valuations of privately-held and publicly-traded companies, business units, minority ownership positions and partnership units.
Scott-Macon professionals have extensive experience in the valuation of privately-held and publicly-traded companies, business units, minority ownership positions and partnership units. The firm's valuation studies have been used by boards of directors, company owners, management teams, and trustees-in-bankruptcy for a wide variety of applications including purchase or sale transactions, shareholder disputes, and strategic planning.
Scott-Macon's Valuation Services Group offers:
- Valuation enhancement and growth consulting, including strategic options studies and foresight studies; real options analysis; pricing, selection and execution of strategic investments
- Valuations to formulate corporate strategy or evaluate shareholder value issues
- Formal fairness opinions
- Impairment of goodwill studies
- Allocation of purchase price studies
- Expert testimony and litigation support
- Valuations of intangible assets
- Valuations for:
- Restructurings, workouts or bankruptcy proceedings
- Private equity funds for portfolio investments
- Minority interest buyouts and shareholder disputes
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Divorce proceedings
- Estate and gift tax planning, probate court, and estate tax return preparation
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Capital raises
In addition, Scott-Macon professionals have completed numerous fairness opinions that have accompanied documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission and other government or judicial bodies.